Books and the beautiful world of words that can be found in books!

The World of Books

Get ready to hear all praises and no complaints from a girl who is in love with characters that don’t exist! 

The fact that I couldn’t celebrate World Book Day this year saddened me so I decided to write about books and the magic I believe they carry within. If anyone is wondering, every year on 23rd April, I take an uninterested friend to Crossword and spend a good hour (or two..hahah) there . The world of book has always been my favourite! 

My love for books started around 6 years ago and I have been enslaved ever since. I still remember that my first (interesting) book was a classic ‘Greenhouse Mystery’ book. After that, before I knew what was going on, I had made new friends. I had chosen a world of characters and not people. This world stood strong even when I was breaking down. I felt like that world was so beautifully magical. 

I might have started with a classic mystery book but I quickly took up fantasy novels. After that, there was no stopping me. Quite literally! The pile of books beside my bed started growing taller and taller. My library filled up quickly and I had to make another library (or 2).

 The fact that my mom is a book enthusiast was an added push. She ensured that I had all the books I wanted. She encouraged me to explore new genres. She bought me new books as gifts. She was the one who bought me my first Harry Potter novel and I immediately fell in love with it. 

Every book that I read, I connected with. I felt a bond with the characters and they came to life in my eyes. I literally jumped from one genre to another because I wanted to be a part of all these mirages.

After reading a number of Stilton books, I picked up young adult novels. Then there was no turning back. 

One day, my mom told me to read the ‘Twilight’ series and I blatantly refused. I refused to even check out such a cheesy teen novel but my mom was sure I would like it so I gave it a read. Well, anyone who knows me will be laughing right now because I am the biggest Twihard that they know of. Yes, I still obsess over Twilight after 3 years and I feel Edward is my soulmate. My mom still gives me a subtle look when I obsess over Twilight and the look translates to “ HAHA! Didn’t I tell you so?” 

For me, books are not an escape from reality. They are my reality. I credit all my writings to my immense love for books. Every book, every character, every quote has left an imprint on me and I would not have it any other way. 

P.s. My love for books is restricted to novels and pieces, don’t include textbooks and exam sheets in the above! 

Close Menu