A sad reality of child bride

I was a little too dear to my mother

I was a sweet angel of my father


I had a dream to fill my house with lots of happiness

I had a dream to become the support and pride of my parents 


Wanted to play 

Wanted to laugh

Wanted to study

Wanted to live 




At the age of playing

I was left alone to take care of

Someone's house


At the age of studying 

I was left to cook food for someone's house


I lost my childhood

I lost my friends 


In such relationships, I was tied

They made me a child bride, 



They took my toys,

They took away my books

They took away my life 


In the age of playing on grounds

My life was locked in between four walls 


My parents called me others wealth

My inlaws said me you came from another's house 

I didn't know the meaning of it 


I used to think always 

Why my childhood snatched away

Why can't I play with my dolls

Why can't I study like others

Why can't I play with my friends 

Why my parents did this to me


I don't know at the age of playing

How I became a burden on my parents


I didn't know the real meaning of marriage

For me, marriage was a game to play with my dolls

I didn't know that I will get such punishment for little mistakes


What was happening to me

I was so afraid to be


Watching outside the window that other girls playing 

I got punishment for my saying

That even I want to play 


I became a child bride 

When I was only nine


I just knew playing with my dolls

All are expecting me to fulfill their expectations

I was unable to understand what they mean

But my heart was clean



Wanted to shout

Wanted to cry

Wanted to share my feelings

Wanted a friend 

Wanted my family who loves me


But my situation was like 

 I couldn't laugh and couldn't cry

 I couldn't speak and I was suffocated 


 Living with stranger

Made me feel in danger, 


Days passed away

Months passed away

Years passed away 


I got to know that

How in the name of culture,

In the name of tradition

They destroyed my life


Thank you for reading please like share and comment.
Close Menu